The Silva Splendid is not just a hotel for cyclists, ideal for those who enjoy cycling holidays, but also a place where you can discover ancient traditions and relive a glorious history.
The name Fiuggi comes from “Frugi”, and since the ancient times meant a place full of water, with a flourishing vegetation of ferns and chestnut trees, and has retained the features that have made it famous.
Fiuggi is situated in that part of southern Lazio called Ciociaria, a term that derives from the name of the ancient footwear of this land: the “Ciocie.” The ancient legends and customs make the Ciociaria and Fiuggi, a region closely linked to the history and religion. They are still very much alive and feel both religious traditions, both those related to the agricultural world and folklore: from festivals to popular games with typical clothes, expression of a genuine world.
These are some of the most heartfelt celebrations:
• Feast of S.Emidio (13th of January)
• Feast of St. Anthony the Abbot (17th of January)
• Feast of St. Biagio, Stuzze Festival (2nd of February)
• Patron Saint’s Day (3rd of February)
• Feast of St. Rita (22nd of May)
• Feast of St. Anthony of Padua (13th of June)
• Feast of St. Blaise Patron (1st Sunday of August)
• deII’Assunta Festival (15th of August)
• Feast of St. Rocco (1st Sunday of September)