FIUGGI & ROME BY BIKE
from March to October
starting from 800 € per person with Half Board Bike
Rome, the eternal city; Fiuggi the thermal village: connect this two reason to have a cycling holiday.
- Arrival and welcome cocktail
- Bike accomodation and possible ride in Fiuggi
- Tour The Road of Cesanese (38 km – 600 m climb). Panoramic Tour on the edges of Simbruini Mountains. After a sweet 4 km of climb, we arrive at 900 above the sea level, then we go down looking at the incredible landscape of Arcinazzo’s plateau. A small climb again and we descend to the pictoresque village of Piglio, the land of Cesanese red wine; we suggest you to stp and taste a glass of it. The road back to Fiuggi is along the cycling path built on the ancient railway Rome-Fiuggi, sweet slop and pleasant climb.
- Tour The Lake of Canterno and Fumone (35 km – 653 m of climb). Delicious Tour around the Lake of Canterno , the biggest in the Area and home of many protected birds. Climbing to Fumone, we overlook the valley of Sacco the river, we taste the typical “ciambelline” and the ratafìa (cherry liqueur) on the shade of medieval castle where you can see the highest roof garden in Europe. After the downhill from the village, we ride in the very colorful plain on the East side of the lake, then we come back to the hotel
- Tour The city of Pope and good wine (51 km – 693 m climb). The aim of the day is to get the medieval city of Anagni, that was the summer residence of many popes. We ride along vineyards of Cesanese Red wine and you can taste a delicious aperitif in the wonderful place overlooking the valley. The Road back, along a pleasant climb through green woods, leads us to Fiuggi to relax.
- Start of the Tour From Fiuggi to Rome (55 km 250 m of climb). Through the cycling path Fiuggi-Paliano, we go down to 150 m above the sea level. After the passage along a gravel road, we arrive in the city of Colleferro where a van is ready to pick up at the entrance of the Appia Antica, the Road that leads us directly in front of Coliseum.
- Night in Rome
- Free day or Tour of Roma by bike (20 km).
- Breakfast and departure